Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Labor Day

As I write this, I don't know if I will be working on Labor Day, but being the newest employee, I think I will be.

This should be the last great day for grilling in the United States, then fall unofficially starts. Kids are going back to school, next big holiday is Halloween, and then you realize the year is almost over.

Another day to pig out.

I don't plan to grill or do anything special this year. But I did get to thinking how would I have planned a meal for my husband and I, if we were. This is the menu I came up with.

LABOR DAY LCHF MENU


Veggie Kebabs
made with zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and green peppers.
Egg Salad

Cucumbers and Onions in Red Wine Vinegar.

Dry Wine Spritzer

Doesn't that sound great!

The best part was, I didn't have to do any research to find foods that would work.  There is no need for bread or chips or heavily processed meats. A couple of alterations to recipes and I am set.

I think this is a good sign of a diet plan that will work. When you can whip up a special menu quickly. And as an added bonus, if you have those people in your life that are always judging what you eat, you know the type, they probably won't notice this is "diet" food.

I could have gone with a steak, but this is my menu. I have never been able to cook a good steak. So I am sticking with what I know I won't mess up.

*This is the one I would have done. Sounds great baked as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment