No scale I couldn't tell you how much I really weigh. And I used that as an excuse to not start this diet. How can I record my weight lost if I don't know where I started at? Excuse.
Stupid excuse.
I finally convinced myself to start watching and logging what I ate, and not worry how much I weighed. And actually I think that might be a help.
One of the quickest ways to convince yourself to stop dieting is comparing the weigh lost of the first few weeks to the weight lost later on. That first week, might be mainly water lost (link). So it will be larger than any of the others you have. Experts tell us to try not to lose more than two pounds a week. But if you lost seven the first week, then a pound a week after that, you might start to convince yourself that it's not worth it.
So how do I measure my goals?
I could use my body measurements, but I am not ready for that yet.
What I am going to do is for each day I stick to my diet and successfully stick to it. I will give myself a star. If I fail one day. I will do it again, and try to beat my last streak.

No comments:
Post a Comment