- Not as hungry: I noticed that I am feeling fuller for longer on LCHF. I am not snacking as much. I used to be able to eat a back of snack mix or chips in one sitting. The first week, that craving didn't happen. The sugar one did, but it was over quickly.
- Easier to prepare meals: I have no explanation for this. I was able to throw a supper together (Chicken breast tenders with sauteed cabbage and zucchini), faster than when I was planning meals before. I am not sure because I am not preparing a starchy side dish anymore.
- I don't miss two grains. I don't miss corn and rice. Corn and rice were my always on my shopping list, but I have not missed them.
- Wheat is another matter. I should be cutting it out completely, but I haven't. What I have done, is replace my bread with a whole wheat flat bread/cracker, like Ry Krisp or Wasa. I use one piece and make an open face sandwich out of it. One is all I need. They are very crisp, you can stack a lot of cheese, meat, and veggies on one cracker. So I can get my sandwich fix and keep my carbs low too. That is the only wheat I have been eating.
- Realized we are going to save money, because most of the places that offer delivery in out town, don't have many things on their menu I can eat. We can still go out to eat. But we won't be ordering pizza or Chinese anytime soon.
- Food taste better. When I was on my low-fat diet, there was hardly anything labeled low fat that I enjoyed eating; with the exception of American Neufchâtel cheese and Greek yogurt, but those are naturally low fat.
Overall, the first week went by with not too much issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment