A lot of people will say that they had to have that cookie, or cake, or thick slice of bread, when they give into temptation. I have in the past.
I haven't with this diet. And I work in a bakery.
Let that sink in. I am on a low carb diet, right now avoiding all grains, and I work in a bakery.
Temptation? There is plenty.
I am packaging muffins, and they don't come out of the pan. The ruined pieces are left for "samples". Same with cookies and doughnut. If we have to sample a cake, but the customer doesn't buy the cake. We have to keep that cake around for the rest of the day.
So at anytime, with in reach and eyesight, I have a smorgasbord of lovely baked goods in front of me.
Yes, the muffins smell great. That has been the worst temptation. Doughnuts, not so much. And the cookies? I'll leave those alone because kids are asking for them.
The amazing thing is, even with this in front of me. I have not been stuffing my face, not even a sample. I have to thank this diet.
The balance of fats, protein, and carbs, is helping me not to be tempted. If I really think that muffin smells glorious, I ask myself if I am hungry. I am not. A good breakfast helps, with a small snack in the mid morning.
What I think is really helping, is the dairy. For breakfast, I have heavy cream in my coffee (adjusted to not adding any sweetener quickly because of the heavy cream). I have cheese on my scrambles. And if I feel like it, a glass of whole milk. If I have all that. I might not be hungry until five or six hours later. The less dairy in the morning, the more likely I will be hungry sooner.
Another thing that is helping is a situation I noticed when I worked in retail. We would get the candy orders in for Halloween, which meant there were going to be three months of an aisle of holiday chocolate. The first few boxes would smell so good. Then about an hour into stocking the candy. You hate the smell of chocolate.
Same thing in the bakery. Doughnuts look and smell great, but spend and hour packing them, and you don't want to see another one. Same with cookies. Muffins.... still tempting, but no reason to have the broken one as a snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment