I haven't posted in a while. I am still doing the LCHF. But today I want to talk about when there are times you can't follow your diet.
One of those days happened yesterday.
When you are in an emeotional situation, the last thing you want to think about is what you are eating, if you can eat.
I woke up to a message from my youngest that the college he is going to had recieved a threat of someone wanting to commit a mass shooting. In the morning, he went to class as ususal. I spent the morning doing my chores. At this point, except for his message. It was farily normal.
Then I get a message from him. "It's real, laying low."
Now I am in panic mode and for the next seven hours I could not leave my computer. We would message each other every so often while the college was in lock down and the buildings were searched.
Seven hours later, thankfully nothing had happened.
You can understand the stress my son and the other people on the campus were under. But I was also upset.
I am an emotional eater. When the school went on lockdown. The last thing I wanted to worry about was cooking. My hubby went out and got some food, a pizza, and two thin slices of cheese cake.
Sounds like I jumped off the wagon. Yes I did. But it wasn't like before. The last time I went through a major stress situation. I would have food next to me at all times. Yesterday, I had those pieces of cheesecake, two slices of pizza, and a large salad. That was a major improvement.
The point is, the next day, I went right back to the diet. If you slip up, especially if its a situation you have no control over (such stuck in a place were you have limited choice in what you can eat, ie stuck in an airport in a blizzard). The next day, start over again.
Yes, I could have been in better control. But there were bigger issues on my mind.
SUNY Canton lockdown lifted
No comments:
Post a Comment